Wednesday, August 7, 2013

With Water


sun soaked
zinnias

leaves fading in
backyard

but plants tall
robust

colorful those
she said

i prefer
short stems

and flowers
she said

you got
talent

maybe i should be
a teacher

the sign read
wise men

fish here
my dog retrieves

okay class
today's lesson

my name is
bruce barone

born march seven
pisces

son of alfred
(thus the dog's name--freddy)

freddy son on melchizdek
grandson of another

alfred, my ministry
my legacy

my name means
willowlands

thick brush too
no nickname but

in high school i was called
gazelle

note to self:
ads

mozart this morning
and clouds

and a pink rose
bloomed

today in the garden
love

to have an ice cream cone
now

i got to write this
down

nineteen zinnias in a mason jar
filled with water

pink plastic baby's wading pool
filled with water

i will be a grandfather
soon


No comments:

Post a Comment